Junction on Route 60: West - the town of El Dura, East - the Al Fawar refugee camp. There is a pillbox manned at the junction, and the army puts up sudden barriers at the entrance to El Fawar and Al Dura. Al-Fawar is a large refugee camp (7,000 inhabitants in 2007) established in 1949 to accommodate Palestinian refugees from Be'er Sheva and Beit Jubrin and its environs. There are many incidents of stone-throwing. In the vicinity of the pillbox there are excellent agricultural areas, Where the farmers sold at stalls adjacent to the plots close to the road. In recent months the civil administration havs dumped dirt embankments and blocked the access to the stalls, and made it impossible for the farmers to sell their vegetables.
updated April 2021, Michal T.