J., N., T.

Arriving at Abu Dis around 6:30 there were already about 10
detaineesinfo-icon near the Gas Station. The BP soldier told us they were
trying to cross the wall, and will be sent back once their papers
were checked, which could take up to an hour and a half. (We passed
back at about 8:00 and they were all released by then.) The BP
informed us that due to the Ramadan, instructions are to let
through all men above 45 even without permits, so they can go

At the former Pishpash there were no BP and people were climbing
over without interruption. A woman coming through approached us:
Her name is S. El-K., she's a teacher at Bir Zeid , has had our
card and said she had been trying to contact the Moked with no
success. Speaks very little English.

Going up the wall two BP were checking people climbing to BOTH
SIDES. One was standing on the wall itself , checking papers there.
Arrogant and tough, they told us there were "Hatraot" and
it was necessary to check people going to the other side (to
university) as well. This created a big crowd of people waiting to
pass, so eventually they gave up the enterprise and after a short
while left the spot, letting climbing regain its "normal"
course .

Up the road the hotel was deserted.

At about 8:00 Neta had to go so Judy and I continued to Wadi Nar.
We only passed by Maale Edomim checkpoint, .

At the container very few pedestrians, usually unchecked. The BP
refused to tell us what are the instructions for today and who is
allowed to pass, claiming this was "army matter". .
Private cars with no tasrich were refused passage. Taxis were
usually stopped and the BP would idly look inside. Randomly he
would ask for papers, not always. In three cases he asked people to
step out of the taxi and wait until he gets clearance by phone. The
Taxis left without them. After about 15 minutes their papers were
returned and they were allowed to continue.

At about 9:30 we left. On our way back, we saw that Maale Edomim
checkpoint was moved across the road to supervise the opposit