Morning

Nov-13-2003
|

Observers: M. M., V. S., R. Y.A-Ram - No line.Qalandia - there's quite a long line. School children are not permitted to bypass (but some do, of course). A dozen of youngsters are detained: they're from Jenin, and no one seems to understand what they're doing there (as if the fact that people move around requires an explanation). Soon their IDs are given back to them, and they're sent back to where ever theycame from. A man in possession of a certificate that he works in the municipality is detained too: one of the volunteers declares that 55% (not less) of those certificates are forgeries. Few minutes after that his certificate is given back to him (probably it's one of the other 45%), and he's allowed passage. Duration of standing in line: 20 minutes and more.